You’ve come to the right place! Jeff and his Team take pride in simplifying an otherwise complex process of selling a home. We will provide the guidance and expertise you expect from an experienced local Full Service Realtor. Our fiduciary responsibility to you as your Listing Agent is to sell your home for the highest possible price and in the shortest amount of time. Jeff has sold 100’s of homes in the Triangle Area, he will apply the knowledge gained from those transactions where he has represented either the seller or the buyer or both and do so in a professional manner with your interests alone guiding his actions. We’ll ensure your sales process is a smooth transaction by managing the details, complexities and often times daunting tasks in the background. This will enable you to stay focused on keep your home presentable for showings and packing once we locate a buyer for you.
There are three key phases to any residential real estate sales process; we’ll go into greater detail of each phase when we have our initial face-to-face meeting with you at your property to be sold.
Phase 1 – Marketing
- You initiate the process with a phone call to Jeff at 919.342.0333 or an email notification “List My Home Request”.
- Then we discuss your goals and objectives for the sale.
- Research recent market sales and active listings nearby your property.
- A comparative market analysis (CMA) of your estimated home value is performed.
- A pre-market face-to-face consultation will occur at your home.
- We refine the CMA after a review of the property and give our sellers suggestions for home improvements.
- A listing agreement is signed; normally for a 6-month term (term is negotiable).
- We take photos and measurements; work closely with our sellers to develop a marketing plan.
- Seller participation is encouraged.
- This is a partnership we undertake as a team to get your property SOLD.
- We’ll advertise your property in the Triangle MLS, on our competitor’s web sites, with print media such as postcards and flyers, and most importantly on numerous online real estate websites.
- We syndicate our listings with 100’s of real estate websites:
- We are a technology based company; our real estate website is enhanced with search engine optimization. This means your listings have a higher degree of probability of being seen by buyers when they begin their property search on the internet.
- Over 90% of all buyers begin their property search on the internet w/o the help of a buyer’s agent.
- We want to snag those buyers for you because this will translate into additional savings for you, the seller.
- Our marketing efforts will begin before the yard sign goes in the ground.
- Buyers in the market will be informed of your featured listing ASAP.
Phase 2 – Negotiations
- Having an effective negotiator “representing” you is critical.
- Our negotiation skills apply to many aspects of the sales process, such as:
- Terms & Conditions of the purchase contract
- Financing – we’ll ensure the buyer has a solid financial capability
- Inspections – we’ll make sure the requested repairs are legitimate
- Legal – we’re not attorneys but we are aware of things that can go wrong.
- Appraisals – your home doesn’t sell if it doesn’t appraise!
- Repairs – our list of reputable contractors can resolve valid repairs.
- Many sellers downplay negotiations, this is where we shin.
- If negotiations are not handled properly, many problems can surface.
Phase 3 – Closing
- Believe it or not, after we find your buyer and your property goes under contract, this is where the majority of our time as your listing agent kicks in.
- Sellers often get a false sense of security at this point in time.
- As your listing agent we know there are lots of details to worry about.
- We will be vigilant looking for issues that threaten a successful closing.
- If the buyer is represented by an agent from a different firm.
- We work closely with that agent.
- We ensure that agent is doing their job too!
- We don’t give either side of the transaction a chance to fail.
- Selling your home w/o the aid of a listing agent is not wise; after all it is the largest financial transaction of your life.
- The paperwork alone is daunting, here are just a few of the forms that can and do come into play with a typical residential property transaction:
- Offer to Purchase and Contract
- Contingent Sales Addendum
- Seller Possession After Closing
- Owners Association Addendum
- Exclusive Right to Sell Listing Contract
- Residential Property Disclosure
- Broker Agency and Compensation Agreement
- New Construction Addendum
- Exclusive Right to Represent Buyer Contract
- Back-Up Contract Addendum
- FHA/VA Financing Addendum
- We work closely with the closing attorney’s office; you don’t even have to attend the closing if it’s not convenient for you.
- We always attend the closing to be sure that final step is executed flawlessly.
- Jeff reviews the final settlement statement with his Sellers before closing.
Want to learn more about how we can help you sell your home?
Complete the form below, or give us a call at 919-342-0333
We will Get Your
We will Find Your
We hate spam too - don't worry your contact information will NOT be shared with anyone!
Triangle Area Businesses and Universities